Type to search

Computer Repair Tips – Most Common Problems Associated With No Power Issues


Computer Repair Tips – Most Common Problems Associated With No Power Issues


Although not the worst hassle which could occur to a computer (A absolutely corrupt or inaccessible tough power can be, from indirect fees), it could still be the maximum high-priced. In maximum instances, if the problem lies with the motherboard, the price of the motherboard can exceed the fee of the computer or computer PC. In most instances, the proper information is that energy-associated problems aren’t because of the failure of the motherboard. Here are the maximum not unusual reasons for no energy trouble:

Computer Repair Tips And Advice

Bad AC Adapter or Power Cord

70% of all computer-associated troubles are due to a free or awful cable. When troubleshooting a no electricity problem, continually attempt a different AC adapter or electricity wire first. This the maximum common motive for no power. Thankfully, this is additionally the cheapest restoration. Power cords can variety from $five to $15, depending on wherein you get it from. AC adapters for laptops generally tend to run a touch more in charge, everywhere from $15 to $80.

Loose DC Jack on Laptops

A DC Jack is the port wherein you plug the AC adapter into a pc. The pin in the center is what transfers the strength from the AC adapter to the laptop. The pin is held in place on the motherboard by what is called solder. Solder is a metal that heats at a great deal lower temperatures than normal metals. This permits a DC jack to get replaced at a far lower fee. All you want is a soldering iron and a few flux solder. Although a pc DC jack best runs between $3 and $five, the exertion’s value to update is excessive. Try taking a pen tip or small screwdriver and see if the center pin wiggles when you follow a small amount of pressure. It is quite advised you’re taking it to a professional laptop repair expert if the DC jack is free unless you’re skilled in soldering.

Bad Power Supply on Desktops

This is some other very common hassle on desktops. Power elements a totally susceptible to strength surges. If your laptop isn’t always plugged into a surge safety strip and directly in a wall outlet, that is the most probable motive. A terrible strength supply also can be because of overloading its abilities. Check the WATT potential of the power delivery and make sure your laptop doesn’t require greater than ninety% of the power delivery potential. The more 10% will assist the power to deliver the remaining a great deal longer. If you press the power button and the pc right now turns off, overloaded power delivery is a maximum probably purpose. Most computer systems nowadays will work well on a 700W electricity delivery. They typically range from $50 to $one hundred.

Motherboard Not Recognizing The Power Source

Sometimes, the motherboard won’t recognize the electricity coming from the AC adapter on the laptop or the opening from a computing device. On a desktop, unplug the power cord from the hole (After shutting down the laptop) and wait about 30 seconds. Plug the computer back and strive to power it lower back on. In many cases, this will work. Laptops need the battery and AC adapter unplugged, but the result is equal. This happens a lot extra frequently on laptops than desktops. It remains worth trying before anything else.

Short inside the Motherboard

This the most high-priced cause for no energy trouble. If all of the above does now not work, then the cause is maximumly probable the motherboard. Motherboard expenses range from $a hundred to $700, depend upon motherboard producer and version. Labor expenses also are high, as replacing a motherboard involves absolutely disassembling the pc. Everything that the laptop needs to run is plugged into the motherboard.

Hopefully, this text will provide you with something to reflect consideration when diagnosing a computer. Although those aren’t the case, all of no strength troubles, it’s miles an excellent start. These signs account for over 90% of power disasters. Manufacturer/version unique issues commonly cause the other 10%. Resolving one’s troubles can simplest come with some studies. In the stop, it all comes down to enjoy.

Todd R. Brain

Beeraholic. Zombie fan. Amateur web evangelist. Troublemaker. Travel practitioner. General coffee expert. What gets me going now is managing jump ropes in Africa. Had a brief career working with Magic 8-Balls in Libya. Garnered an industry award while analyzing banjos in Prescott, AZ. Had moderate success promoting action figures in Pensacola, FL. Prior to my current job I was merchandising fatback in the aftermarket. Practiced in the art of importing gravy for no pay.